Understanding the Oncology Care Model
- Monthly Enhanced Oncology Services (MEOS) Payments: which pays for enhanced services delivered to beneficiaries
- Performance-Based Payment (PBP): which encourages member practices to improve quality and reduce costs across the six-month episode of care
- Enhanced patient services including patient navigation, a comprehensive care plan, 24x7 patient access, and treatments and therapies that adhere to national clinical guidelines
- The use of data to drive continuous quality improvement
- The use of certified electronic health record technology3
- Communication and care coordination
- Person and caregiver experience and outcome
- Clinical quality of care2
 Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, "Oncology Care Model," cms.gov, 09 06 2016. [Online]. Available: https://www.cms.gov/Newsroom/MediaReleaseDatabase/Fact-sheets/2016-Fact-sheets-items/2016-06-29.html. [Accessed 21 05 2018].
 Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Innovation Center (CMMI), Oncology Care Model Overview, Washington, DC: CMMI, 2018.
 Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services, "ONCOLOGY CARE MODEL OTHER PAYER (OCM-OP) CORE MEASURE SET," 07 05 2018. [Online]. Available: https://innovation.cms.gov/Files/x/ocm-otherpayercoremeasure.pdf. [Accessed 17 05 2018].
- By accounting for this patient’s current acute gastric issues, the Jvion machine identified a disconnect between the current care plan and the pati...
Northwest Medical Specialties Applies the Jvion Machine to Drive Patient-centered Care within OncologyThrough a unique collaboration between Cardinal Health, Inc. and Jvion, Inc., powerful and proven...