Delivering Highest Quality Care Across the Cancer Care Continuum
- An aging population: the number of older adults is expected to double by 2030, which will increase the number of cancer survivors by 30%
- A shrinking pool of cancer professionals: workforce shortages are growing, and training programs cannot scale to meet new demand
- The rising cost of cancer care: costs are expected to increase at a greater rate than any other segment within medicine; by 2020, costs are expected to jump by 39% to $173 billion
- The volume of information: with advances in cancer treatment and our understanding of cancer, the volume of knowledge that a clinician must master is overwhelming
- Underutilized technology: the methods and tools that are available—clinical guidelines, methods, IT resources—are not widely adopted 1
- Comprehensive and coordinated cancer care: that ensures engagement, access, care planning and coordination, and a team-based approach to treatment
- Continuous, data-driven improvement: that drives quality improvements based on measured performance and the integration of clinical expertise, patient values, and the latest research
- The strategic use of revenues: that ensures that payments are used to enhance services and care quality, a sharing of revenues across stakeholders, and non-monetary incentives to drive change
- Innovative payment structures: that reward providers for enhanced services and performance against established benchmarks 2
 Institute of Medicine, "Delivering High-Quality Cancer Care: Charting a New Course for a System in Crisis," The National Academies Press, Washington, DC, 2013.
 Booze Allen Hamilton, "Oncology Care Model: Key Drivers & Change Package," Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Washington, DC, 2017.
- By accounting for this patient’s current acute gastric issues, the Jvion machine identified a disconnect between the current care plan and the pati...
- By identifying this patient’s risk of mortality, oncology practice Patient Care Coordinators were able to ensure appropriate symptom management and...