- In terms of adoption, there is still a third of the market that is not yet engaging with AI.
- Just under half are actually working on AI projects, with 20% already in deployment.
- Clinical performance is seen as the area where AI can help the most, with patient experience also in the top four.
- However, buying decisions tend to be led by the desire for immediate ROI, and typically this can more easily be achieved in back office functions such as RCM and staffing.
- There is little consistency around tech/innovation buying decisions.
- Although these decisions are typically led by the C-Suite and/or senior-level committee.
- COVID-19 has not had a demonstrable impact on the adoption of AI.